I have no idea why I haven’t written about this until now, since the video have been together for almost a year now, but enjoy. Here’s build highlights from a 1960’s DeWalt Powershop that I put back into good working condition after I inherited it from my father-in-law.
Recent Articles By Friends
- T400 Temperature Datalogger
via Hacked Gadgets
- China Goodies – Gearbest.com
– Arduino Bits
- Been a while......
via The Redneck Engineer
Nice job , i found one of these buried at our farm, and I am in the process cleaning it up. the top bearings are okay but what did you do for the rails that run on? I have some penetrating oil on it now.
I didn’t have to do much to the rails that the slide bearings ride on. They had a little surface rust, but that was about it. I took a little 0000 steel wool and scrubbed it out with a little Break Free CLP, then I came behind it and cleaned it with mineral spirits to get the residue off. Once i had a good clean surface I protected it with paste wax to keep it from rusting again (this was before I discovered T9 Boeshield). If your bearings are still turning and you can adjust them to barely grab and spin with no backlash when you move the arm, it shouldn’t be necessary to lubricate the arm. The bearings had seized in mine and as a stop gap measure to avoid replacing them, there was what I assume was bearing grease on a lot of it. Now that I replaced the bearings, it glides on it’s own, and you can tell my shop floor isn’t level because when the blade is unlocked, it starts to creep forward on it’s own. But that’s a problem for another day
Thanks for stopping by, and by all means come back every so often, even if it’s to update us on your wonderful Powershop rebuild!